I have three kids, which means that the inside of my car gets really messy. There are spilled Goldfish crackers, mashed-up Cheerios, and sand from visits to the beach. To keep things a little cleaner, I looked around for the best portable car vacuums.
The one I ended up getting–and that I now use all the time–is the Black + Decker Flex.
It’s a great miniature, portable vacuum that you can use to clean out your car and also to clean up little spills and messes around the house.
Here’s my video review:
I’ve been using the vacuum for about 6 months now.
Pros and Cons Based on My Real-World Use
Here are some things that I like about it:
- It’s super light–even lighter and smaller than I expected when I shopped for it online. That makes it extremely easy to carry out to the car.
- Although I bought it for the car, it’s effective on small spills around the house. When a bunch of sugar got spilled inside a drawer in my kitchen, I used the vacuum to quickly clean it up without taking all the stuff out of the drawer.
- You can open a little door and dump the dust out, and even the filter is washable. Nothing to buy for ongoing maintenance.
The cons of the Black + Decker Flex are:
- It’s definitely for spot-cleaning only. Cleaning larger areas takes forever and it isn’t worth the effort. You’re not going to use this to clean a whole room.
- Bigger items can get stuck in the nozzle and clog the vacuum. I remove any items larger than a grape from the car before vacuuming.
Where to Buy
I got my Black + Decker Flex on Amazon.