In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of changing the blade on your Craftsman V20 jigsaw. This jigsaw features a tool-less blade change, which makes it incredibly easy and convenient to switch out the blade on this power tool.
Here’s a video of the process:
But before we start, let’s remember one crucial aspect: safety.
Make Sure There’s No Battery Attached
First things first: ensure there’s no battery attached to the jigsaw. This is a vital safety step, as you don’t want any situation where the power tool could start operating while you’re changing the blade. So, take off the battery before doing anything else to guarantee the jigsaw won’t accidentally turn on.
Release and Remove the Blade
With the battery safely removed, locate the blade latch on the front of the jigsaw. This is a small lever that can move up and down. To remove the old blade, simply push the latch down with one hand. With your other hand, carefully lift the blade straight out, making sure not to touch the teeth. And there you have it! Your blade should now be out of the saw.
Inserting a New Blade
With the old blade removed, it’s time to put in a new one. Just follow these steps in reverse:
1. Press the latch down to release the blade lock.
2. Take the new blade and ensure the teeth are facing outwards; otherwise, it won’t cut anything.
3. Carefully guide the blade down into the blade holder. You’ll notice a small wheel on the back, which is designed to grip the blade. Make sure the blade is positioned between this wheel and the latch.
4. Release the latch to secure the blade in place. You should hear a click, indicating that the blade is successfully locked in.
5. Give the blade a gentle pull to confirm it’s seated correctly and that everything is in place.
Reattach the Battery and Get to Work
Now that your new blade is in place, go ahead and reattach the battery. Your Craftsman V20 jigsaw is ready to go, equipped with a fresh blade.
Changing the blade on your Craftsman V20 jigsaw is a simple and straightforward process, thanks to its tool-less blade change feature. Just remember always to prioritize safety by removing the battery before starting any blade changes. With these steps, you can quickly swap out the blade and get back to your woodworking projects in no time.
If you found this guide helpful, please consider subscribing to our channel for more helpful tips and tricks. Your support means the world to us!
Join the free DIY Life Tech newsletter for hands-on reviews of the latest gadgets, insights on generative AI, exclusive discounts on creator tools, and more.
- Make sure to remove the battery before changing the blade.
- Push down the latch and carefully lift the blade out.
- When replacing the blade, make sure the teeth are facing outwards.
- Guide the blade into the holder and pull to ensure it is correctly seated.
- Put the battery back in when finished.
How does one change the blade on a Craftsman V20 jigsaw?
A: To change the blade on a Craftsman V20 jigsaw, first make sure to remove the battery. Then press down the blade latch and carefully lift the blade straight out. To put the blade back in, press down the blade lock and guide the blade into the blade holder between the wheel and the blade. Give it a tug to make sure it is properly seated in place.
This is a look at how to change the blade on your Craftsman V20 jigsaw. It has a tool-less blade change, which is great and very easy to do.
The first thing to do is make sure there’s no battery on the saw. This is an important safety step.
Look at the blade on the front and you’ll see a little latch. Push it down with one hand and carefully lift the blade straight out, without touching the teeth.
To put the blade back in, press the button down to release the blade lock. Make sure the teeth are facing outwards, then guide the blade down into the blade holder. There’s a wheel on the back that will grip the blade. Let go and give it a tug to make sure it’s seated properly.
Now put the battery back in and you’re ready to go. That’s the simple process of changing out the blade on the Craftsman V20 Jigsaw. If you found this helpful, please subscribe to my channel. It really helps.