Swiffer Wet Jet is a popular and efficient cleaning tool for many households, and most of its effectiveness comes from using the right pad in the right way.
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “what side of my Swiffer Wet Jet pad goes down?”, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we will answer this question and share the proper way to attach the pad to your Swiffer Wet Jet for a spotless cleaning experience.
Identifying the Sides of a Swiffer Wet Jet Pad
Before you begin the process of attaching the pad, it’s important to identify the different sides.
A Swiffer Wet Jet pad has:
1. One large stripe: The side with the large stripe varies in color depending on the type of pad being used. For basic pads, the stripe is purple, while it could be brownish for wooden floor pads.
2. Two smaller plastic-like stripes: These are found above the large stripe on the opposite side of the pad.
To determine the appropriate side to face the floor, remember this simple rule: the side with the one big stripe goes down, while the side with the two smaller plastic-like stripes faces up.
Attaching the Pad to the Swiffer Wet Jet
Now that you know the correct sides, it’s time to attach your pad to the Swiffer Wet Jet. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by aligning the two little plastic-like stripes (facing up) with the two corresponding strips of material at the back of the Swiffer device.
2. Press the pad firmly onto the Swiffer, making sure the two strips of material and the two plastic-like stripes are secured together.
3. Once the pad is securely attached and the large stripe is facing down towards the floor, you are ready to start your Swiffer cleaning session!
The Swiffer Wet Jet is a versatile and efficient cleaning tool that can work wonders when used correctly. Knowing which side of the pad to use plays a crucial role in making your cleaning experience a breeze.
In summary, always remember that the side with the big stripe goes down, and the side with the two smaller plastic-like stripes face up. With this knowledge in hand, you can enjoy a cleaner home without breaking a sweat!
Join the free DIY Life Tech newsletter for hands-on reviews of the latest gadgets, insights on generative AI, exclusive discounts on creator tools, and more.
- The side of the Swiffer wet jet pad with one big stripe goes down towards the floor
- The two little plastic-y stripes face upwards
- The two little strips of clean material on the back of the Swiffer align with the two stripes on the pad
- The big stripe on the pad can be a different color depending on the type of pad being used (e.g. basic or wood)