Starting a car may seem like an evident task for some, but for new drivers or car owners with a different ignition system from their previous vehicle, this simple task can sometimes be confusing. That’s also true if you rented a Corolla.
In this blog post, we will guide you on how to start and stop your Toyota Corolla, whether you have a model with a push-button ignition or the traditional key ignition.
Starting a Toyota Corolla with a Key Ignition
If your Toyota Corolla doesn’t have a push-button ignition, don’t worry; it’s relatively straightforward. Follow these simple steps:
1. Locate your Toyota Corolla key fob. If you’re wondering where the actual key is, just press the button on the key fob, and the key will pop out.
2. Insert the key into the ignition on the side of the steering wheel. This step is for models without a push-button start.
3. Push the key in and turn it all the way to the “start” position. Once the car starts, release the key, and it will return to its original position.
Congratulations! Your Toyota Corolla is now running and ready to go.
Stopping a Toyota Corolla with a Key Ignition
When you’re ready to stop your car, repeat the same process mentioned above but in reverse order:
1. Turn the key to the “off” position.
2. To remove the key, push it in and pull it out. Simply pulling the key without pushing it in might not work.
3. Fold up your key fob and press the small button to release the key. Click it in, and your key fob is now back in its compact form.
That’s it! You have successfully started and stopped your Toyota Corolla with a key ignition.
Starting and Stopping a Toyota Corolla with a Push Button Ignition
If your Toyota Corolla is equipped with a push-button ignition system, you don’t need to worry about using a physical key. Here’s how to start and stop your car:
1. Make sure your key fob is inside the car. You can keep it in your pocket, purse, or any convenient place.
2. Press the brake pedal and keep it pressed. This is an essential step as the car will not start without pressing the brake.
3. Press the “Engine Start/Stop” button, and your car should start immediately.
4. To turn off your car, simply press the “Engine Start/Stop” button again. There’s no need to press the brake pedal this time.
And there you have it! You’ve successfully started and stopped your Toyota Corolla with a push-button ignition.
Starting and stopping a Toyota Corolla, whether it has a key ignition or push-button ignition, is a simple and straightforward task. However, for new drivers or those who are unfamiliar with these ignition systems, it’s essential to know these steps to avoid any confusion. With this comprehensive guide, you will be able to quickly start and stop your car, ensuring a smooth and stress-free driving experience.
If you found this guide helpful, please consider subscribing to our channel to receive more valuable information and tips related to cars and driving. Your support helps us continue our work in providing useful and relevant automotive content.
Join the free DIY Life Tech newsletter for hands-on reviews of the latest gadgets, insights on generative AI, exclusive discounts on creator tools, and more.
- To start the Corolla, insert the key fob into the ignition on the side of the steering wheel and turn it all the way to start.
- To stop the car, turn the key fob to the off position and pull it out.
- To close the key fob, press the little button to release and click it in.