In this how-to article, we will take you through quick and easy steps on changing the batteries of your Swiffer Power Mop, a task I recently did at home.
Identify the Battery Compartment
To find the battery compartment, flip the mop over. You will notice a small section distinct from the rest of the unit – this is the battery case. The case is designed with an eject arrow, which you’ll need to slide open so you can get to the batteries.
Remove the Old Batteries
On flipping over the battery case, you’ll find two AA batteries. To remove the old batteries, simply pop them out and properly dispose of them.
Insert the New Batteries
Here’s how to install your new batteries:
- Take your new set of AA batteries. Any brand of alkaline batteries will work.
- Follow the indicated orientation inside the compartment. Each battery has a flat side that should be facing the spring inside the compartment.
- Lock the batteries into place, one on each side of the case.
Reinsert the Battery Case
A crucial tip here: when inserting the loaded battery box back, ensure the eject arrow faces outwards and you align the box with the little channel underneath the mop.
This might take some maneuvering, but keep trying if it’s not going in. Lift it up and slide it into the channel, upon which it should click into place.
Test Your Mop
With the batteries changed, it’s time to test your mop. Press the button on the mop – it should spray, indicating it’s working correctly.
And You’re Done
And there you have it! A quick and easy guide on how to change the batteries on your Swiffer Power Mop. I found this method really straightforward when I tried it out at home. Remember, if you dispose of your old batteries responsibly and install the new ones correctly, the process should be a breeze. Happy mopping!
Join the free DIY Life Tech newsletter for hands-on reviews of the latest gadgets, insights on generative AI, exclusive discounts on creator tools, and more.
- Flip the mop over to get to the battery compartment on the back of the unit.
- Press firmly on the battery compartment to slide it out.
- Remove the old batteries and insert new ones, following the appropriate orientation.
- Slide the loaded battery box back into the mop and click it into place.
- Press the button on the mop to make sure it is working properly.